Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

We survived anther Christmas. To be a kid again...... When you are a kid it is all about the gifts and fun. When you are an adult it is all about the buying, cooking, cleaning, planning, etc........
Maybe I should rephrase that, to be a man or a kid. Men don't have a lot to do around Christmas either, except enjoy the cooking and if we are lucky clean up after the meal. I sound like bah hum bug. I really do enjoy the holiday and it is worth all the work.

My favorite part is Christmas Eve service. I love the music and the candles. It is finally a time to take a deep breath and get a chance to think about the true meaning of Christmas. The kids are on their best behavior because they know when they get home they get to open gifts. What ever works, right?

Kyle actually spent the holiday with us. This was the first time he has been back since he left in October. He isn't a dummy. He knew when to come home. He brought us all a gift, which was very nice.

Tomorrow my mom, sister, and her kids are coming for Christmas. I will be cooking and cleaning again. I don't mind cooking for them, they actually like what I cook. Unlike my kids. I am sure we will be going shopping at one time or another tomorrow. The boys have gift cards that are burning a hole in their pockets. Hopefully it won't be too crazy.

We went to see the new movie with Tom Cruise today. This is the first time all 5 of us went to the movies together. It was a very interesting movie. Not really a light and fun movie for the holiday. When you live in a house with all males, you get overruled pretty easy.

No comments: