Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's Over



Well, tomorrow we go back to school. I don't know how a week flies by so fast. Yesterday I went and got a pedicure, manicure, eyebrow wax, and a haircut. It is weird how much time we have on our hands when we don't have any sports on a weekend. We went to Mason's coach's house for a crawfish boil last night. It was really fun. I don't like crawfish, because when I was little my brother and I would catch them in the ditch in front of our house. We called them crawdeads. We went out to dinner before we went to the party.

The boys asked if we could do something fun today, so we planned a trip to Stephen F. Austin state park. We took the fishing poles, bikes, and a picnic. It was a lot of fun and reminded me of when Brad and I first got married. We used to go bike riding all over the place. It ended up being a costly trip. I dropped my camera and ran over it with my bike. One of our fishing poles got hung up on something and when Brad was trying to get the line out of the water the pole broke in half. We are planning on going back this weekend and camp. We rented a cabin for Saturday night. We might not get to go. Brad just got a call from his stepsister. His dad, Charlie, just cut his finger off with a table saw. They were taking him to Temple and going to try and put his finger back on. Pray for him. We might end up going to see him this weekend. I guess it depends on how everything goes with him this week. Poor guy. Brad's sister told me that Charlie's dad cut off a finger at about the same age. That is pretty weird. I guess I need to remember this and keep Brad away from table saws when he is in his 70's.

I did get a few pictures before I broke my camera. We stopped at a little museum before we got to the park. This little old lady runs the place. She talked our ear off. Brad was in hog heaven, having someone to talk to about the history of Texas. The boys got a little bored. She was very knowledgeable and her skin reminded me of my Grandma Broderhausen.

No comments: