Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

My 40th birthday is rapidly approaching. This year it falls on Thanksgiving day. My birthday falling the week of Thanksgiving is kind of a bummer. It is hard to get together with people because people are always with family at this time of year. A week or so ago my friend Susie told me she wanted to take me to dinner for my birthday. I thought we could do it the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, because we have the day off. She said she couldn't and said let's meet on Thursday the 19th. She said she would pick me up and we would all go, kids included. So yesterday after work Susie showed up and we began driving to Los Cucos. As we were driving I got a phone call from a coworker and she said, "Happy Birthday!" I was a little confused and told her it wasn't my birthday. She said, "Well were are you? Aren't you at Los Cucos?" This was strange because I hadn't told her I was going there. I told her we were driving down the road and she muttered something and then said goodbye. This made me think a little and I started wondering what was going on. When we got to Cucos we walked to the back room and my very dear friends were all waiting for me. It was still a surprise even though Susan let the cat slightly out of the bag. Alisha, Kathy, and Susie had planned the whole thing and invited lots of people from school. Everyone at school kept this a secret for almost a month. They had it decorated with Over the Hill balloons and big 40 balloons. I also got to wear my very own princess ti era. It was a wonderful surprise and reminded me what great friends I have. This Thanksgiving I am definitely thankful for great friends. Hopefully Susie will send me some pictures and I will post them when I get them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Early Birthday! Aren't good friends the best?! And when they think ahead and plan something special it always feels wonderful. You deserve it!

BTW, our wedding anniversary is the day after Thanksgiving and last year it was on Thanksgiving. It stinks. My husband and I never get to celebrate and we're always too full to care. :) This year though, we're finally going to do something special. Yeah!

Lori