Sunday, November 1, 2009

Successful Parenting

I have reached another milestone in my parenting. Yesterday morning Mason had his last football game. Thank God! When I watched the news in the morning I saw the temperature was 47 degrees. As the boys were getting dressed I told Tanner to put on a pair of jeans. For some reason neither of my boys like to wear jeans. Tanner came down with out jeans on. I sent him back upstairs to change. He cried and yelled and complained that he didn't want to wear jeans. I calmly explained he would either wear jeans or he would not be allowed to go trick or treating. He told me he would run away then. I told him bye and he ran out the door. I finished getting ready and then decided I had better go and look for him. I opened the front door and he was sitting on the porch. I said, "Go inside and put some jeans on." He said, "Okay." and ran upstairs. He came down a little later. I glanced at him and thought he had something on other than jeans and I started to say something, but then realized what he had on. He said, "There you go judging me again! You are always judging me." I grabbed him and gave him a big hug and told him it was my job to judge him and make sure he was dressed properly. I then said the next time you decide to run away you might want to put on a pair of shoes. He said, "Yeah, I thought about that."

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh Stacey I LOVE your parenting stories! You should compile these into book form. You are sucha goodwriter (and Mom too).