Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm Back!!!!!

What a wonderful trip. We left Sunday morning around 7:30. It was a 10 hour drive. It was me and three other women in the car. We spent the whole trip talking. We didn't turn on the radio once. The drive seemed to go by really fast. The reason we went to Kansas was for a Love and Logic conference. It was really good and I learned a lot. I learned so much more about how to be a good parent and teacher. I even got to use a little of my new skills one of the nights we were there. Brad called and told me he had a problem with Kyle. He wanted a help trying to figure out how to handle the situation. I coached Brad and he handled it very well. You know parenting a teenager is new territory for us. The attitude is just about enough to send me over the edge.

The best part of the trip was the evening entertainment. It was so much fun spending a week just thinking about me. Doesn't that sound selfish? We played a game called left, right center on Monday. I was planning on winning, but ended up losing every game. It was fun anyway.

Tuesday night we were suppose to go to a baseball game, but we got rained out. We went to a movie instead. After the movie we went to Sonic for some ice cream. We sat outside at the tables so we could all place our own orders. While we were sitting there this car drove up with a group of ladies. The lady asked us how to order? We got a great big laugh at this poor ladies expense. I told her, "Just push the red button," but she kept going on and on about how to order. We asked them if they were first timers and one of the ladies said, "Yes, I don't eat this kind of food." Well, she doesn't know what she is missing.

Wednesday night we went and saw the Wichita Wingnuts baseball game. We had so much fun. People in the crowd kept coming to us and asking us if we would please come to every game. We were hooting and hollering and having a blast. We sang happy birthday to a 70 year old lady. Remember there wer 23 of us. A little while later two little girls came up and asked us if we were professional cheerleaders. They wanted us to sing happy birthday to one of them. They were too cute. Of course we sang to her. They had the biggest smiles on their faces when we were done. Those poor people didn't know this is what you get when you let a bunch of ladies out without our husbands and children. We just don't know how to act. The beer might have had a little to do with it too.

Thursday night we went to a dinner theater. It was Breaking Up is Hard To Do. The food wasn't that great, but the musical was excellent.

That was the end of the trip. Great fun was had by all. My family grew while I was gone. Mason was given a hamster by his cousin. He named it Abigail. The girls in the family have now tied the boys. It is me, Penny (dog), Cleo (cat), and Abilgail (hamster) against Brad, Mason, Tanner, and Kyle. Bad news is Abigail doesn't help with any of the household duties. One of the jokes we had on the trip was how nice it would be to have a sister wife. We would have someone to share all the household chores, how bad could it be? LOL I sure could have used that sister wife when I got home and had to spend all of Saturday trying to put my house back together and get it cleaned up.

No comments: