Monday, January 4, 2010

Not a jail bird after all...

I spent one entire day of my Christmas vacation taking a defensive drivers course to clear one of my tickets. I ordered my driving record and assumed it would be here in time for my court date today. I got a little nervous when it didn't arrive by Saturday. I haven't dealt much with the law and wasn't real sure what would happen if I showed up to court without my driving record. I told the boys I would call them if I needed to be bailed out of jail. I got to court about 45 minutes early and while sitting in the car waiting I decided to go through the paperwork. Oops I had missed getting a notary to sign one of the forms. I zipped out of the parking lot and was on the look out for a bank. Thank goodness I found one quickly and got my form notarized and got back with still 25 minutes until court. I didn't know where to go, but finally figured out. Wouldn't you know I was not the only person that didn't have all their paperwork. They have a process for idiots like me. I got a 10 day extension. Surely my driving record will arrive before then.

Today I was looking through some old pictures and found another picture of evidence I was a law breaker. The first picture is of me in my high school graduation gown. And yes that is a bottle of alcohol I am holding. I believe my mother was taking that picture and the alcohol was given to me by an adult cousin. Mom, how could you condone such bad behavior? It is a wonder I turned out to be such a productive citizen and not a wino under the bridge. I kind of remember that night. I believe I drank the majority of that bottle by myself and had my first hangover the next day. It was not pretty. Notice I said my first hangover. I am not a fast learner and have had a few more since then.

No comments: