Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School



I remember Mason's first day of kindergarten very well. We were so excited and ready for him to begin school. Wasn't he cute back then? I can't believe he started Jr. high today. He looks so grown up and handsome.
He hadn't talked much about it until last night. He told me he didn't want to go. I asked him if he was going to be a Jr. High drop out. We talked a little and I reassured him it would be great. I sure hope it is. Jr. high can be so tough. I packed him a lunch at his request and I thought to myself, I sure hope he doesn't get teased about taking his lunch. I talked to a friend of mine who sent her new 6th grader to school without a lunch because he didn't want one and she worried he would go hungry. I guess we all worry about something. He reported a boring day at school when he came home and I pulled teeth to try and get more details. He said they went over rules in every class and he doesn't want to play football because the coach is very mean. He did sit by some friends at lunch and had someone he knew in most of his classes. That's about all I got.

Little T started 4th grade today. I asked him what his favorite part about today was and he said, "nothing." i asked him who was in his class and he said lots of people. That is all I got. I got home from work today and he had his homework completed. I guess he is off to a good start.

No comments: