Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sports


Video is of Mason's game. He is the one that threw the ball. Unfortunately, his receiver didn't catch it.

This weekend we were back into our crazy sports schedule. It started with Tanner's first baseball scrimmage on Friday night. This is the first season for kid pitch. I am excited because it is a little more exciting than coach pitch, but the kids have a lot to learn. Tanner played catcher and he did a great job. He even threw a guy out at third that was stealing from second. We didn't get to finish the game because an incredible lightening store blew in. I took my camera to take pictures of Tanner. I thought I was so prepared. I even changed batteries before we left. Then we I started to take pictures I realized I forgot my memory card.

Mason played his first game of football season. They did a great job. He played quarterback the entire game. We won 8-0. The other team got the ball within inches of the goal line and our defense stopped them. One of our players got hurt. Looks like he knocked his shoulder out of place.

The Katy Tigers were playing Northshore last night. Mason really wanted to go, but Tanner had baseball practice around the same time. We decided Mason could go with a friend. This was the first time I would be dropping him off at something without an adult. I was a little worried, but I figured every time I take them to the game and stay they run off and I don't see them until the game is over anyway. I got a call from Mason at half time asking me to come and pick them up. When I got there they said it was so crowded they could hardly move and just wanted to go home. We ended up watching the game at home together as a family. It was nice.

Today Tanner has a fundraising car wash. This doesn't seem to exciting. Mason has a football beginning of the season swim party. I need to get busy cleaning my house before the craziness starts again.

No comments: