Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Busy weekend

Tanner and I went to Austin for the weekend for the state baseball tournament. My mom drove in and stayed with us on Saturday night. It was nice to get to visit with her and for her to watch Tanner play ball. His team played twice on Saturday and they won both games. Tanner hit another in the park home run. Sunday we played and lost our game, which meant it was time to go home. We rushed back to Katy and got back just in time to watch Mason's second baseball game of the day. They won. All in all it was a great weekend for baseball.

Both Mason and Tanner's football teams played Saturday in the first round of the playoffs. Unfortunately both teams lost and they will not be going on to the second round. The good that comes out of this is we no longer have to juggle two sports, at least until basketball starts. Speaking of basketball we got a message on our recorder from the basketball league asking if Brad might want to coach Mason's team. I laughed so hard I almost wet my pants. I told Mason and he said, "We would lose all our games if Dad was our coach."

It has been nice the last three days to come home from work, cook dinner, get a chance to sit down and enjoy it. Monday night Mason asked if we could sit in the dining room and use our china. We did eat in the dining room but I didn't pull out the china.

On Monday I took Mason to the nephrologist for a follow up to his hospital visit. He is doing really well. He never relapsed during the time he was sick. I asked the doctor what this might mean. He said it is a good sign. I asked him if we could start cutting back on some of the medicine and he said we needed to wait until January. If he has still not relapsed we might. He said about 60% of patients relapse when they start tapering down the Neoral, but that means 40% don't. Maybe Mason will be in the 40%. We won't know until we try.

We still haven't talked to Kyle, but I have found out a few things from a little birdie. He is living on his own somewhere. He is working somewhere. He got two tickets. One for speeding and one for an expired registration. The grand total of this bill is $310 dollars. Sucks to be Kyle. I am not sure who's car he was driving. I told Brad to call him and see what he is doing for Thanksgiving. We will see what happens with that. The whole Kyle thing is just weird. I knew he couldn't grow up normal living in such an unstable environment.

No comments: