Sunday, November 9, 2008

Election

This past week was not near as crazy as the week before. Although some major things happened. I haven't said much about the election because it is really hard to say how I feel. I am really nervous about the next four years. I think it is funny that before the election things that should have been questioned about Obama were pushed under the rug. I know this happened because of the whole race thing. No one wanted to be called racist and looking a little deeper into the life of Obama and the questionable people he associated with was seen as picking on the black guy. If the shoe had been on the other foot and McCain had associated with a someone that was racist and anti-American he would have been thrown off the ticket faster than we could believe. So, was this election a race oriented one, yes. Just look at the post election reports. That is all we hear about. People can't even be disappointed in the results with out being seen as racist. I am not racist, but I am anti Obama. The only bright side in all of this is when Obama screws things up I get to be the one that says, "I thought things were going to be better with Obama." The other positive thing that has come out of this, is hopefully now that we have an African American president, race really will not be an issue again. The next time people will really look at the character of the two candidates and the issues. I just pray that our country can survive the next four years.

On Wednesday morning the boys woke up asking who won. When I told them Mason said, "Man this has been a horrible week. First I get sick, go to the hospital, UT loses, and Obama wins." It really was a bad few days.

No comments: