Thursday, July 2, 2009

Corpus Christi




We went to Corpus for a couple of days. We of course stayed at the Navy Base in Corpus. Everyone of our vacations revolves around a base of some sort. Brad likes to use his retirement perks. We can stay on the base pretty cheap. We went to the beach a couple of times. The boys are so different. Mason loves the water and bugs us to get in with him. If we won't get in he finds people to go near. He is a little scared to be out there by himself. Brad and I took turns getting in with him. Tanner played in the sand building sand castles and sandballs. He would bomb his castles with the bombs. He just entertains himself. The water was very pretty. We discovered Brad's hidden talent on this trip. The hotel gave us a frisbee. Mason and I threw it around a little and then Brad threw the frisbee and he was really good. I began laughing and saying I can't believe we finally found a sport you are good at.

Mason had his 11th birthday on the 29th. Time sure does fly. He is growing up so fast. It is amazing. We went to Corpus for his birthday. I told them after they turned 10 there would be no more big parties. I think he had a good time. We went to Olive Garden for dinner at his request. We also went to ride go carts and putt putt golf. Mason is so competitive Brad kept score at Mason's request. It was Tanner, Mason and me playing golf. In the end we all equally sucked. I scored a 72 and the boys scored 73's. We were about 30 strokes above where we should have been. Mason thinks he is a great golfer because he can play Wii golf.

We went bowling too. Tanner had the bumpers up and Mason kept saying it wasn't fair. Mason insisted he and Tanner play another game with out the bumpers up. Tanner kicked his butt. It was pretty funny. For the record I beat all of them, Brad included. (I don't know where my kids get their competitiveness.) Poor Brad got a bowling injury. I laughed so hard. I told him he must be really out of shape if he pulls something while bowling.

Next week both boys are playing in the World Series. It will be a very busy and very hot week.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh wow it sounds like so much fun! I love the part where Brad got hurt during bowling! I can relate to that, remember in Kansas when i hurt my knee while drying my hair? I guess it's a Gemini thing!