Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The World Series is Over



I have spent the last two days recovering from the World Series. I can't believe how draining it is when it wasn't even me playing. I know it was over 100 degrees every day we were there. During the week I went to two opening ceremonies 13 games and 2 swim parties. The games wouldn't have been so bad but you have to get there an hour ahead of time and then the games seemed to all be delayed, which means you waited even longer. Tanner's games were an hour and fifteen minutes long and Mason's were an hour and 40 minutes long.

On the last day Mason's game started at 9 a.m.. We were supposed to be there at 8. I got up rushed Mason around and as we got there Mason asked where everyone was. I asked Mason what time it was and it was only 7 a.m.. When I woke up I looked at the clock but only looked at the minutes. The only good that came out of it was we got to choose the dugout of our choice and we chose the one the sun was not shining directly into. When the other team got there they tried to boot us out saying they were ranked higher than us, so they got to choose the dugout of their choice. I told Mason not to move and we ended up getting to keep the dugout. We ended up killing that team. Who is ranked higher now!!!!? LOL

Tanner's team won three games and lost two. Mason's team won 6 games and lost 2. They ended up in third place for the series out of 18 teams. We were the only Katy team left. The team that won we didn't get to play. The boys played really well and we are so proud of them. Last year we got 4th out of 5 teams. They have learned and improved a lot in a year. Next year we are wanting to go to South Carolina for the World Series. I will be selling a lot of chocolate.

No comments: