Tuesday, July 28, 2009

$$$$$$$$

The spending spree has begun. It is back to school time. Saturday I took Mason to get his saxophone. We are now the proud rent to own owners of a sax at the low, low price of $42 a month. The total cost is around $1400. Why could my son have decided to play the drums? Then all you have to do is buy some sticks. I sure hope he likes playing. He was a little overwhelmed when we got it. He saw a trumpet and said, "Man that only has three buttons, the saxophone has a million. I don't think I can play it." Well buddy, you have your work cut out for you.

Saturday night the boys wanted to go to the mall and spend their allowance. We took two of our neighbors. Mason told me I couldn't hang with him and his friend. So Tanner, his friend, and myself headed out to find something to buy. We pass by an Oakley store and Mason is trying on a $200 pair of sunglasses. That boy has caviar taste on a McDonald's budget. He better grow up and get a good job. I did find a good deal on backpacks at Marshall's. Mason's friend is already in Jr. High and was giving him the ends and outs of what type of backpack would be useful for 6th grade. It was nice having him around. We wouldn't want Mason to be the dork of 6th grade.

Next on our back to school list is shoes and school supplies. I didn't get the school supply order form turned in on time for Tanner, so I will be going and picking out all his stuff. I think I am going without him. When I let them go with me, I always end up spending way too much. Wish me luck. Mason has already picked out the shoes he wants. They only cost $120. That boy is crazy!!!!

No comments: