Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to School







We all survived our first day of school. The boys came home with no big complaints. Tanner said, "It was good." He is a man of many words. As a mom I am just happy they came home and had no complaints. I do wish they would tell me more, but I guess they are normal boys. They both did their homework with no complaints. I am sure that won't last long. I'll enjoy their enthusiasm while I can.

Right before bed Mason told me he didn't like 5th grade. I asked him why and he said he was worried he would get a mark. I asked him why he would get a mark and he said he might forget his homework. He is such a worrier and I don't know why. He is such a good boy and doesn't get into trouble at school. Last year the only mark he got was the last week of school and he really got himself in trouble. One of his friends got into trouble for putting tape on Mason while in line. Mason went to the teacher and told her he had been doing the same thing, so she marked his card. He was devastated. I couldn't punish him because he had already punished himself. I can't imagine what was going through his mind when he went and told on himself.
Hopefully both boys will do well and have another great year. I can't believe Mason is in 5th grade. He seems so old to me. Tanner is in 3rd grade and still seems so much like a baby. I guess because he is my baby.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

the boys look so cute & excited for school! :)