Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Funny Things

1. Tonight while driving home from baseball practice the boys started talking about puppies. Mason asked a question about how puppies can get around when they can't open their eyes. Then Tanner said, "Well, if Penny (our dog) got married she could have puppies,"


2. After practice tonight we went to get some ice cream. While there we ran into one of my students I had taught when he was in first grade. He is now going into 7th grade. His mom was my room mom. We had fun catching up and it was really nice to see he is doing well. After they left I looked down and noticed my zipper was unzipped. Now he is going to remember me as his dorky first grade teacher that doesn't know how to dress herself.

3. At Tanner's practice Mason ran off and played with a couple of boys. One of the boys he knew and the other one was a kid from South America. The boys played "home run derby". One kid fielded the ball, one pitched, and one hit. They rotated through. I noticed at one point Mason hitting and he hit the ball pretty far. Then when it was the South American boy's turn I noticed Mason showing him how to bat. I was proud of him for being helpful. When practice was over all three boys ran over to me and the South American asked Mason to sign his baseball and asked me if I had a pen. I asked him why he wanted his autograph and he said he was a great baseball player, he had just hit 6 home runs and showed him how to play. He was going to save it because one day Mason is going to be famous. He ran off, found a pen, and Mason signed his ball. Mason will be signing autographs on Saturday at noon if you are interested. LOL

No comments: