Wednesday, August 13, 2008

back to work

Well, it is that time again. For some reason we have to go back to work a week and half before the kids. We had our convocation today. It really is neat to see all the employees in the district in one place. The top dog does his best to motivate everyone and remind us of our district's directions and goals. I have always thought it would be better to do that not at the beginning of the year, but sometime during the high stress time. The beginning of the year everyone is refreshed and somewhat excited about starting a new year. It doesn't take a lot to motivate people who just came off of vacation. It is just a thought. On the other hand, putting all those stressed people together could be problamatic.

I can't believe I have taught for 16 years. My first set of students are 24 years old. Man that makes me feel really old. I haven't seen any of them on the news having done something criminal. I guess I didn't screw them up too bad.

No comments: