Sunday, August 10, 2008

It Happened......

Last night after I had just gone to sleep the phone rang. Brad answered the phone and Kyle asked to talk to me. I had answered at the same time as Brad, so we were both on the line. When someone starts out saying, "You aren't going to like this....." You know it can't be good. Bottom line is Kyle wrecked the car. He rear ended a girl. He was calling because he couldn't find the insurance. The girl's mom called me and I tried to give her all the information, but Kyle didn't have his drivers license either. They ended up calling the police. Of course Brad was freaking out about this time. So, I drove to where he was. He had told a little white lie about his location, because he knows he isn't suppose to leave Katy. He was about 5 or so miles outside of Katy. When I got there the deputy told me he was taking him to jail for suspicion of DWI. This made me laugh. I asked him if he did a field sobriety test and he said he did and it indicated he was impaired. I tried to assure him that he had not been drinking and the deputy said, "That's what they all say." He finally conceded and gave him the test again. He told him all the directions and then showed him how to walk heel to toe. Kyle did it wrong. He couldn't follow his directions. I explained the directions to Kyle again and he did it correctly. No wonder I always feel like I am hitting my head against the wall while talking to him. The deputy let him go and didn't even give him a ticket. Kyle told me on the way home he would have rather gone to jail then go home and face Brad. At this point Brad hasn't seen Kyle. He was in the bedroom when we got home and Kyle went to church this morning. I am not sure how he got there. I was so wound up when we got home at 2:30 a.m. that I couldn't go to sleep until around 4. Needless to say I missed church this morning. I think Kyle went to avoid Brad. I wonder if he will come home today?

1 comment:

Christina said...

I can't believe it! You are such a great mom to rescue him.
Stay strong!