Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy

My dad would be 70 today. That is hard to believe. I guess in my mind he will always be 51. I was 19 years old when he died and he has now been gone for 19 years. I still miss him terribly. Crazy fact about my dad's birthday and death. My dad's birthday is 8-16, this is the date Elvis died. Elvis' birthday is 1-8, the date my dad died. Crazy huh! Click on the picture below and it will make it larger. This is a picture of my mom and dad in 1959. He looks a little like Elvis, doesn't he?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, lost my dad when I was just a young adult. It's funny how I still feel his death as strongly as I did back then. That's a beautiful tribute to your dad, and he DOES look like Elvis! Thanks for the song, too.

Kathy said...

When I clicked on the picture the first thing I noticed was how much he looked like Mason OR how much Mason resembles him!