Monday, January 26, 2009

Daddy in Charge

Thursday night I went with some friends to Girls Night Out at Champion Forest Baptist Church. Kate from John and Kate Plus Eight was one of the speakers. I had a good time. I left right after school and told Brad he was in charge of the kids. I got a call at 9:00 asking me where on the computer I could find Tanner's homework. There's a couple of things wrong with this. 1. Tanner is suppose to do his homework when he gets home from school. 2. The boys bedtime is 8:30. I had no idea what Brad was talking about, so I told him to get Tanner in bed. The next morning as Tanner was brushing his teeth I glanced at his dirty fingernails. I asked him if he had bathed the night before and he said no. I didn't have time for him to take a bath, so I sent him to school dirty and with no homework. He ended up with two marks for no homework. Brad did take notice that he really does not have a clue about the boys and school and it seemed to upset him. I guess I should make him do a little more, so the next time I take a night off it is a little more successful.

No comments: