Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy 2009



We spent the new year with friends in Bastrop at the Lost Pines Resort. It was really a lot of fun. They had a new years package which included dinner, a carnival for the kids, horse drawn buggy rides, swimming, smores, dance, fireworks, champagne and shiner bock toast, and breakfast. I wish we had a little more time, but it cost way too much to stay for two nights. We all brought our own drinks and just went to our room for refills as needed. We all had a great time.

Today is my last day before going back to work. I sure do enjoy my time off. I spent a lot of time cleaning, cooking, reading, and watching movies. Tomorrow the madness begins again. Both boys are playing basketball and baseball. Their basketball games begin on Saturday. Tanner is suppose to have a baseball thing at U of H on Saturday too. We have decided to skip it. I don't want things to get too crazy yet. I think the boys have had a great break too. They have spent their time playing with their new Christmas things and playing war with friends in the neighborhood.

We had a busy, but good 2008 . For the most part we all stayed healthy. Even Mason didn't do too bad. Even with his sicknesses there is hope that he has outgrown his kidney problem. Maybe this year will be the year we can get him off all these nasty medicines. I can only hope 2009 is a great year.

No comments: