Friday, January 30, 2009

positive thoughts

I have been having a difficult time dealing with Mason and his attitude. I am not sure if it is the teenage attitude coming out early or if it is still a reaction to his medicine. A typical conversation with Mason is usually about how he hates this, this sucks, blah, blah, blah...... Things he even likes he can find something wrong with it. This is so different than me. I think I am a pretty positive person. I try to find the good in everything, you know look for the silver lining. I decided I need to do something about this. I began to ask both boys each day to tell me one thing good that happened at school. So far it is usually about recess, lunch, or dismissal, but I guess it is a start. I then began asking them what they did to please God that day. We are still on very basic answers and I often have to give them suggestions on what they could have possibly done to please God. Tonight I forgot to ask the boys and Tanner reminded me. I thought this was a good thing. He said he pleased God by saying thank you and your welcome to his teacher. The good thing for the day is he got to play kickball at recess. I asked Mason and he couldn't remember anything he had done that day to please God. I said, "Mason what do you think that says about you as a person." He said, "I just can't think about everything that happens in one day." He finally came up with he held the door for his class. He is still a work in progress.

No comments: