Monday, October 27, 2008

Sick Kid

Yesterday Tanner had two baseball games. He did much better. He didn't throw any fits. He did cry when he struck out, but he recovered very quickly.

While Tanner and I were at his game, Mason was at home with Brad. He had baseball practice that afternoon. He kept calling me telling me he didn't feel good, could he miss practice. He said his jaw hurt and he thought it was broken. I thought he was faking it. I let him miss practice but told him he needed to lay in bed and not go out and play. When we got home from Tanner's game Mason had a fever of 99. I still didn't believe that he felt bad. He took a bath and then said he felt much better. Tanner had a birthday party to go to, so while he was at the party Mason and I went to see High School Musical. While we were at the movies Mason kept saying he was cold and started looking terrible. By the time we got home he had a fever of 103. (I am such a great mom. I thought he was faking it all day.) He asked to take another bath. When he was ready to get out he yelled for me and told me he couldn't get out by himself. I took his temp. again and it said 105. I almost had a heart attack. I took it again and it went down to 103 again and then it kept falling getting down to 100. I guess the medicine finally kicked in. I checked him out through out the night. It stayed around 101. Of course I worried all night wondering if this was going to make him relapse again. We have almost gone one year with out relapsing. I checked his urine first thing this morning and he is still negative. I am sure I will be taking him to the doctor today.

No comments: