Monday, October 27, 2008

Still Sick

Mason ran a fever all day. It went down to 100 while he was on Tylenol, but as soon as it started wearing off the fever was high again. We went to the doctor this morning. He thinks it is just a virus. He checked his urine and the results were good. He is still not showing any protien in his urine. This is the sickest he as been in a while. If he can get through this with out spilling protien maybe he has outgrown the nephrotic syndrome. We go and see the nephrologist in November. Hopefully he will start weaning Mason off these medicines. I am probably being too hopeful. Our doctor wants me to call him tomorrow and update him. Tonight Mason't fever went back up to 103, so I gave him another tylenol. More than an hour later the fever was still at 102. Of course this caused me to to get on the computer and research what to do with a fever. Nothing really helped because Mason isn't a normal kid. All these medicines he takes weaken his immune system, so I don't know why I was wasting my time. I just worry about him so much. He is sleeping soundly right now, so I should just relax. Maybe he will wake up in the morning and be fever free.

No comments: